Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Camping (and Kayaking?) in Bavaria

9-11 June 2006

The water called... I headed to Garmisch, new tent, dog, boyfriend, and boat packed in/on the Mini Cooper. I was determined to get my boat wet and do a bit of practicing. The weekend was lovely, not hot, but sunny. We left Saturday and by late afternoon had settled in to the camp ground. Unfortunately, the kayak program and kayakers I had always boated with, had been disbanded. In addition, the local outfitters were closed - my disappointment was enormous. We recovered by eating - grilled everything in sight and ate marshmallows for dessert. Kianga wasn't too sure about sleeping outside and when I thought the partiers and local fox would never leave us in peace, put her to bed in the Mini.

We couldn't get enough coffee the next morning after the short night! (See pic of Kianga sacked out in front of tent - she was exhausted after her first time camping!) After breaking camp and some shopping, we headed to the Bavarian forest. We stopped at a beautiful clear lake so I could practice my inept rolls, Kianga could stretch, and Arnaud could get a good lunch. After spluttering around for a while, I gave up and decided to catch some sun before we drove back to Nuernberg. It was a bust as far as kayaking, but it sure was great to get into the great out-of-doors!

Wish you'd been there - to turn my kayak right side up!

- Tiffany

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home