A Conference in Birmingham, UK
15-19 May 2006This week I was off to an environmental technology conference in Birmingham, UK. As I dragged my display booth from the airport to the connecting conference center (NEC-National Exhibition Center), I actually ran into someone who knows a mutual friend here in Nuernberg! Small world!

There was very little time for sight seeing on the trip. Though we stayed in a lovely old hotel near the New Street train station and in the heart of Birmingham. We mostly got out in the evenings to join fellow exhibitors or find a bite to eat in the local pubs. The last day there, however, I squeezed in a quick walk, stopped at the local art museum and had lunch in their tea room.
Birmingham grew during the industrial revolution to become a major manufacturing center.
Today with the exhibition center, ballet, symphony, and museums it is promoting itself as a cultural center in the UK. At least for the Midlands it certainly is! In fact, at the art museum I saw a great collection of pre-Raphaelite paintings and Robbie Williams had just performed a concert at the NEC. Now THAT's culture!Wish you'd been there!
- Tiffany


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home